Manage and develop a sales plan to develop and expand a lucrative customer base, maintain and increase current market share and increase the profitability of the additive business in a specific region. Typically responsible for $3-$5 MM GP to maintain and grow sales of Afton’s solutions in a sales territory/region.
1. Monitor and oversee the implementation and coordination of strategic sales plans for meeting the goals established in the regional strategic marketing plans.
2. Consult with marketing to proactively identify end user needs ahead of our customer and competitors and to identify, investigate, recommend and prioritize sales opportunities
3. Utilize internal sales processes including: demand forecasting, opportunity management system, and follow-up on any customer concerns logged into the ReSolv Process.
4. Utilize Passion for Solutions Selling (Counselor Sales) and Insight Selling (Challenger Sales) to help promote and retain Afton Solutions.
5. Develop and maintain senior management contacts at key accounts in the territory/region to ensure that Afton is meeting the customer needs and is providing quality solutions.
6. Implement and manage a T&E budget consistent with meeting the territory/regional sales plan.
7. Provide a yearly AOP (Annual Operating Plan) budget and ensure proper sales activities and strategies are in place to meet this plan, as well as an annual participation in the Long Range Plan development.
8. Provide key information on technical service requests and be an active participant in the New Product Development Process (NPD).
9. Facilitate and orchestrate new product introductions to the market in assigned territory/region.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
· BS degree in Marketing, Business or Technical/Science field
· Demonstrated leadership skills, business acumen, and strong industry knowledge typically acquired through 12 years of experience in account management roles of increasing responsibility.
· At least 5 years of petroleum additives experience
NOTE: For Afton employees, an appropriate combination of experiences that will support he required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Advanced relevant degree (e.g. MBA)
· Petrochemical, additive or petroleum industry
· Sales management experience
· Demonstrate an in depth understanding of ethical sales practices and principles and a proven track record in the sales field
· Able to demonstrate excellent mathematical skills and practical application of financial management process knowledge
· Able to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to achieve business goals
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of business goals and objectives and additive industry market environment and trends
· Able to effectively exercise a broad span of control over multiple regions and a broad product portfolio
· Able to analyze problems, situations and data and make effective, logical decisions quickly
· Able to organize complex activities with regard to people, projects and goals
· Able to conceptualize the "big picture", develop and communicate a vision and mission for account team
· Demonstrate consistent accuracy and effectiveness in judgment and the decision making process
· Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a productive work environment for team members
· Able to develop and maintain effective peer and organization relationships and is able to function effectively in a team oriented environment
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and presentation skills
· Able to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills in the areas of facilitation, negotiation, influencing, coaching and counseling
· Able to access and judge team skill levels and to delegate appropriately
· Demonstrate computer literacy with regard to Afton's routine applications
· Able to cope with stress and multiple work interruptions
· Able to travel as required (up to 50% of time)
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.