We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic team-player to join our Mechanical Test team, working in a quality controlled laboratory environment providing mechanical testing services in support of research and development.
The role primarily consists of routine testing, calibration, maintenance and repair of mechanical and electro-mechanical test rigs. The successful candidate will also be accurately reporting test results via various software packages and liaising regularly with internal customers both onsite and at other Afton sites globally.
With a mix of team and individual work, the successful candidate will work closely with other staff and assist with the running of high throughput product and development testing to support our chemists in a timely manner.
The role will involve hands-on mechanical testing covering performance in application areas such as:
A high degree of mechanical aptitude is essential, the candidate must have a keen eye for detail and an analytical mind-set. You must be self-motivated, show initiative and be confident in working to meet deadlines. The successful candidate should have relevant experience in mechanics and/or a laboratory environment and have excellent practical, technical, analytical and troubleshooting skills. Working knowledge of laboratory instrumentation would be desirable as would a proven ability to manage multiple projects at any one time and work to standard operating procedures.
• Must demonstrate and maintain strong safety, integrity and reliability behaviours
• Must maintain a flexible attitude and demonstrate initiative
• Excellent communication skills
• Confident, but able to take instruction
• Willingness to learn and improve
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Quality driven
• Excellent attention to detail
• Ability to effectively manage work tasks
• Strong reporting and documentation skills
• Good computer skills and competency in MS office applications