EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated aptitude for the CTS function. May be a new graduate or have 1-2 years of relevant experience in the petrochemical or automotive industry and Sales & Marketing experience
For NewMarket or Afton employees, an appropriate combination of experiences that will support the required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
- Decision Making - Timely decision making using a mixture of analysis, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines with appropriate risk, authority and transparency
- Business Insight - Has knowledge of general business model, practices and procedures. Understands how the actions and output of the role impacts the business and others.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves problems with effective solutions by asking good questions, involving others, and looking outside of existing processes and procedures. Has technical knowledge and skills to troubleshoot test equipment or test precision issues.
- Communication – Can communicate information clearly, effectively, and timely in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Coaching - Provides the structure, environment and support for teaching, training and development of individuals and teams to enable them to achieve specific personal or professional results or goals.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging individual and team goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work within and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve objectives, including the capability to influence without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries as appropriate
- Innovation - Continuously assesses current processes, practices, procedures, techniques and tools and provides suggestions for improvement. Open to new concepts. May benchmark outside laboratories or others for process improvement ideas.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Is sufficiently flexible to effectively cope with change, multiple priorities, and lack of information at times
- Customer Relationship Management – Interpersonal skills to be able to make good strong connections with customers & OEM personnel. Combination of character & technical credibility. Demonstrate customer intimacy and Passion for Solutions approach to understand core technical problems and deliver solutions to business, marketing and external customers.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.