EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- S. in Chemistry
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable chemistry and/or engineering principles and application in a research and development environment typically acquired after 5-10 years of relevant experience. Track record of innovative approaches to problems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Advanced degree in Chemistry or Engineering
- Experience directly related to fuels, fuel additives, and/or engine testing.
- Decision Making - Regularly deals with decision making in a methodical and calculated way. Makes it a priority to clearly define the problem before examining solutions. Takes available information and applies experience and intuition to make quick judgement calls. Stays focused. Excellent at organizing the data and presenting it in ways that help to clarify the situation. Leads discussions and decisions that drive major project outcomes and SBU impact.
- Business Awareness - Knowledgeable about our industry. Understands the key players and is on top of shifts and changes. Understands how the organization works from a general business perspective. Knowledge includes both current competition and future threats. Stays on top of industry trends to help identify future competitive threats. Contributes strongly to strategic insight and helps form business direction. Capable of undertaking simple financial modelling.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Addresses multifaceted problems in a systematic manner and has the ability to identify the central issue and hence a path forward. Considers various scenarios and patterns to get to the root of the problem. Drives difficult situations to resolution with persistence and ingenuity.
- Communication - Understands the concept of "audience" and tailors communications accordingly to maximize impact and value. Skilled at developing and delivering presentations. Proactively seeks to communicate critical insights and knowledge in an effective manner.
- Coaching - Coaches for performance. Has experience of leading and developing others. Defines and executes structured development plans. Understands team dynamics and has the ability to positively influence these.
- Personal Drive - Is a self-starter who can be trusted to take the lead on important projects. Requires little supervision. Pursues and tackles problems with a sense of urgency. Identifies key difficulties and moves quickly to resolve the situation.
- Collaboration and Networking - Has developed a broad network of industry contacts, seeking out specific beneficial relationships. Understands the strengths and weaknesses within the team. Demonstrates interpersonal understanding and sees things from the other person’s point of view. Learns from own mistakes and modifies behaviors accordingly Good listening skills. Aware of cultural differences and behaves accordingly.
- Project Management - Effective execution of modest projects, where the accountability for delivery is owned, and necessitates the coordination of several work streams and support from other contributors Understands the principles of project management and uses basic tools (Gannt Charts, etc) to facilitate the process. Adheres to requirements of APDP
- Innovation - Mentors others in the area of innovation and is a "go to" point for others seeking new thought. Shows an open approach that fosters innovation and willingness to step beyond the obvious in order to attain superior outcomes. Demonstrates ability to develop break through technologies and implements these in line with the organization's business strategy.
- Ambiguity and Risk Management - Can understand priorities in ambiguous situations and usually takes action in a thoughtful manner. Investigates problems and tries to look at issues from different angles to develop workable solutions though data may be incomplete. Typically makes a series of small decisions to clarify a course and adjusts plan over time through feedback cycles.
- Influencing without Authority - Uses good questioning and listening skills to understand stakeholders positions and to gain commitment to action. Identifies and prepare for scenarios that will typically get pushback and/or challenge, and adopt approaches to maximize success for the organization. Invites input from each person and shares ownership, visibility and success.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.