- Technical Degree (Bachelor’s preferred)
- 3+ years experience in Maintenance Supervision
- Demonstrate strong leadership in working with a team of skilled mechanics
- Demonstrates an in-depth working knowledge of process equipment operation and applications
- Demonstrates an in-depth working knowledge of piping systems, schematics and engineering drawings
- Demonstrates working knowledge of construction standards
- Demonstrates knowledge of ASME, ANSI codes
- Demonstrates understanding of the budgeting process in a plant maintenance environment
- Demonstrates understanding of OSHA regulations and a basic knowledge of local and state regulations concerning plant operation and construction
- Demonstrates basic understanding of electricity/electrical systems
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of labor laws
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates effective presentation, facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Able to visualize the “Big Picture” while focusing on details to complete tasks
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Able to cope with multiple interruptions
- Able to troubleshoot mechanical systems/equipment
- Able to make decisions in pressure situations
- Able to manage conflict
- Demonstrates computer literacy with regard to Afton’s routine applications (SAP, Microsoft Office, etc.) and is able to use appropriate software to solve engineering problems
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- A working knowledge of OSHA 1910 standard for Process Safety Management.
- Employ equipment, practices and procedures which promot a healthy, safe and secure work environment.
- Familiarity with chemical hazards and potential related emergency scenarios; understanding of process of responding to emergencies at site to minimize impact.
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.