Support production operations by providing engineering expertise to ensure that products are being manufactured within set production schedule and to the required standards of EHS and quality in a cost effective manner.
• Minimum bachelor degree and above in Chemical Engineering
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, SAP and general computer knowledge.
• At least 2 years of plant experience in a Chemical / Petrochemical industry
• Has good technical knowledge. He/she must keep abreast of current developments and trends in his/her area of expertise and is a keen learner.
• Capable of monitoring information and be skilled in analyzing and evaluating both process and non-process situations.
• Able to identify cause-effect relationships. Should have excellent planning/organizing skills and the tenacity to follow through on planned activities and projects.
• Must be able to assimilate and apply, in a timely manner, new job-related information that may vary in complexity.
• Able to interpret and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams
• Good communication and writing skills and able to interface with people from all levels and functions.
• Able to make decisions and work under pressure
• Must be a team player and possesses an understanding of group dynamics in an empowering environment. Must be able to work effectively with teams to accomplish organizational goals, taking actions that respect the needs and contribution of others, while striving for consensus.
• Must possess the maturity, tact and personal stature to successfully interface with others throughout all level of the organization.
• Demonstrates broad in-depth working knowledge of engineering drawings, specifications and design practices and principles
• Demonstrates familiarity with SS506 and Process Safety Management
• Demonstrates broad general knowledge of instrumentation and process controllers and their applications
• Demonstrates working knowledge of plant and engineering safety practices and principles
• Demonstrates computer literacy with regard to Afton’s routine applications and is able to use appropriate software to solve engineering problems
• Demonstrates technical writing skills
• Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of employees
• Demonstrates vigilance of potential safety hazards