- Analysis and Problem Solving-Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers.
- Communication-The ability to communicate information clearly and succinctly and ultimately in an engaging and compelling manner.
- Performance Bias-Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals, moving from thought and problem solving into value creation.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Associate’s degree in business, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with administrative functions.
- Must have computer skills and the ability to learn Afton systems; be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Superior communication, written and presentation skills. Excellent punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Attention to detail a must. Strong interpersonal skills essential.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change and delays.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and security—the individual actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.