- Good problem solving and time management skills
- Good aptitude and knowledge of feedback control systems
- Knowledge of PLC/DCS hardware and software
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Accurate - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ambition - The drive to achieve personal advancement.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Conceptual Thinking - Ability to think in terms of abstract ideas.
- Enthusiastic - Ability to bring energy to the performance of a task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Responsible - Ability to be held accountable or answerable for one’s conduct.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Responsible Care; EHS Management-Employ equipment, practices, and procedures which promote a healthy, safe, and secure work environment. Regulatory/Legal compliance.
- Process Safety Management-Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 standard for Process Safety Management.
- Emergency Response-Includes both internal and external response to plant
- BS degree in Engineering (four-year college or university), preferably in Chemical or Electrical Engineering
- Three plus years’ work experience in Chemical/Petro Chemical/Manufacturing industrial environment
- Experience with DCS/PLC configuration (preferred Siemens Moore APACS, Siemens S7,Emerson DeltaV or Rockwell Automation Controllogix)
- Experience with (preferred) Wonderware’s HMI
- Experience with Databases (SQL Server and MS Access) and Networking
- Working knowledge of data historian
- Some travel can be expected (5%).
- Position is first shift (flexible hours) and maybe occasional shift coverage during project startup (typically 2-5 days)
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.