The objective of this role is to develop Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) formulations to meet the technical needs of key global OEMs as directed by manager.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
· Creative thinking and planning – Ability to identify additive approaches / formulations to meet customer needs.
· Decision Making: Ability to use structured processes and tools to make decisions
· Relationships: Ability to network, build, and nurture relationships within and cross-SBU teams and external customers; ability to work well with others and to influence without authority
· Communication: Ability to communicate in timely and effective manner to wide variety of Afton and external customers. Writing of technical reports and presentations required. Able to explain the complex in understandable manner to technical and non-technical audiences.
· Organization: Use of Project Management, Stage Gate, and structured processes to consistently deliver results when working on complex and multiple programs.
· Positive attitude, independent worker, flexible, responsive, and pro-active
· Formulation experience is strongly desired
· Statistical background and use of DOE (design of experiments)
· Able to travel as required with up to 25% domestic and/or international travel at times
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.