EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Sciences, Industrial Hygiene or Industrial Safety
- 5-10 years relevant work experience in an industrial setting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated effective program and project management, strategic thinking and leadership skills.
- Experience in manufacturing, laboratory and/or R&D environments.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Compliance Experience
- Advanced degree in Environmental/Health/Safety/Industrial Hygiene
- Certified CHMM, CSP, or CIH
- Emergency Response/First Aid experience
SKILLS / ABILITIES:
- EHS Risk Assessment: Ability to identify EHS hazards and assess risks associated with the hazards. (ie. JSA, risk assessment, PPE assessment, ergonomics, IH monitoring and sampling, Process Hazard Analysis experience). Demonstrates understanding of level of risk, identifies where there is the need for immediate action and to flag risks for management review.
- EHS Risk Control: Ability to prevent, eliminate, reduce or mitigate EHS risks through management systems and a hierarchy of controls. (ie. elimination, work resign, engineering controls, administrative and PPE controls).
- EHS Compliance & Conformance: Ability to identify, analyze, communicate and manage compliance (external regulatory requirements) and conformance (internal requirements).
- EHS Management Systems: Ability to design, operate and maintain processes that support execution of the Afton EHS policy and drive continuous improvement. (ISO-14001 and RC-14001 management systems standards).
- Stakeholder Engagement: The ability to maximize the effectiveness of EHS by building the relationship and partnering with internal and external stakeholders (such as non-EHS colleagues, emergency responders, regulators, contractors, suppliers).
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - Understands the concept of "audience" and is able to tailor communications accordingly to maximize impact and value. Skilled at developing and delivering presentations.
- Coaching - The ability to provide the structure, environment and support for teaching, training and development of individuals and teams to enable them to achieve specific personal or professional results or goals.
- Performance Bias - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals. Moving from thought and problem solving into value creation.
- Project Management - Effective execution of modest projects, where the accountability for delivery is owned, and necessitates the coordination of several work streams and support from other contributors.
Working at Afton
Who We Are - We're a diverse, global family of individuals, who share a passion for developing innovative solutions. We build our professional relationships on respect, integrity and a commitment to safety and quality. Just as these values apply to our professional relationships, they also apply to the way feel about our neighbors and communities.
Our Work - At Afton, our innovative R&D programs lead to global growth. Our lubricant and fuel additives are among the most highly developed and widely used in the petroleum industry. Afton is a recognized and trusted supplier of driveline lubricant additives, engine oil additives, fuel additives and industrial lubricant additives.
Benefits / Compensation - We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages that reflect our commitment to our employees. Our employees are our most treasured asset and we have dedicated resources that allow us to reward our employees for their commitment on an ongoing basis - ensuring our compensation packages are competitive in the industry.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.