EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- MS degree in Statistics
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of experimental design, linear and non-linear regression, multivariate statistics, and machine learning algorithms
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in either R&D or manufacturing and leading a team
- SAS (base and Enterprise Guide), JMP, Minitab, SQL, Microsoft Excel
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- PhD in Statistics
- 10-15 years of experience in engineering, chemical manufacturing or R&D
- ProMV, Design-Expert, Tableau, R, Python, Matlab
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority
- Business Insight - The understanding of the basis for our business model and how that is realized in the market. The understanding of how business and operations are intimately linked. The ability to utilize information, practices & trends, affecting the business to engage and drive new strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Coaching - The ability to provide the structure, environment and support for teaching, training and development of individuals and teams to enable them to achieve specific personal or professional results or goals.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives, via engaging and rewarding interactions. Through this network provide support, exert influence. Influencing without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Personnel Management - Success in focusing, aligning, and building effective groups. The effective management of reporting staff, through empathy and understanding, clear definition of success, clarity of purpose and scaled responsibility / development. The ability to address and resolve conflicts in a positive and constructive manner
- Leadership - The ability to form a vision for the organization and the capacity to transform and align the organization around the new goal(s). Active personal awareness and development, developing the effective balance of humility, integrity and resilience to drive results.
Working at Afton
Who We Are - We're a diverse, global family of individuals, who share a passion for developing innovative solutions. We build our professional relationships on respect, integrity and a commitment to safety and quality. Just as these values apply to our professional relationships, they also apply to the way feel about our neighbors and communities.
Our Work - At Afton, our innovative R&D programs lead to global growth. Our lubricant and fuel additives are among the most highly developed and widely used in the petroleum industry. Afton is a recognized and trusted supplier of driveline lubricant additives, engine oil additives, fuel additives and industrial lubricant additives.
Benefits / Compensation - We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages that reflect our commitment to our employees. Our employees are our most treasured asset and we have dedicated resources that allow us to reward our employees for their commitment on an ongoing basis - ensuring our compensation packages are competitive in the industry.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.