EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s in Chemistry
- Thorough knowledge and application of mass spec qualitative analysis and chromatography techniques in a research and development environment typically acquired after at least 5 years of relevant experience.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Advanced degree in Chemistry
- Strong GC/MS and GC skills
- Mass Spec-Experience with mass spec is a must. Qualitative analysis and the use of mass spec for structural elucidation is a must.
- Instruments-Experience with GC/MS and/or LC/MS is a must.
- Laboratory-Perform hands on sample preparation and operation of instruments.
- Technology- Familiar with the latest MS and GC equipment for industry
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives, via engaging interactions and influencing without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrates acceptable statistical applications to assigned area
- Consistent demonstration of safe lab practices and procedures
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.