EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry Mechanical or Chemical Engineering (or other relevant science field)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 1-3 years relevant working experience
- Desirable technical skills include familiarity with NMR, IR, LCMS, and GCMS techniques
For NewMarket or Afton employees, an appropriate combination of experiences that will support the required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives, via engaging and rewarding interactions. Through this network provide support, exert influence . Influencing without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries.
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Basic computer literacy (i.e. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel)
- Demonstrates understanding and application of safe lab practices and procedures.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.