EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of applicable automotive engineering principles and application in a research and development environment typically acquired after at least 5 years of relevant experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience directly related to applicable product or product category
- Experience in vehicle testing, engineering, or vehicle product development
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel including the writing and use of macros
- Aptitude for advanced numerical analysis software such as JMP
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble complex hardware such as the internal combustion engine
- Decision Making - Regularly deals with decision making in a methodical and calculated way. Makes it a priority to clearly define the problem before examining solutions. Takes available information and applies experience and intuition to make quick judgement calls. Stays focused. Excellent at organizing the data and presenting it in ways that help to clarify the situation. Leads discussions and decisions that drive major project outcomes and SBU impact.
- Business Awareness - Understands our overall goals, strategies and the details driving them. Has knowledge of general business issues. Keeps up to date with the latest business practices and uses them in their daily work.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Addresses multifaceted problems in a systematic manner, and has the ability to identify the central issue and hence a path forward. Considers various scenarios and patterns to get to the root of the problem. Drives difficult situations to resolution with persistence and ingenuity.
- Communication - Understands the concept of "audience" and tailors communications accordingly to maximise impact and value. Skilled at developing and delivering presentations. Proactively seeks to communicate critical insights and knowledge in an effective manner.
- Personal Drive - Enjoys working hard; is action-oriented and full of energy for addressing challenges; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes opportunities when they arise. Deals with problems when they arise, focusing the necessary energy and resources on the situation until it is resolved.
- Collaboration and Networking - Has a network of relevant contacts within the SBU and at customers. Able to develop constructive working relationships through positive interactions. Aware of own strengths and weaknesses.
- Project Management - Effective execution of modest projects, where the accountability for delivery is owned, and necessitates the coordination of several work streams and support from other contributors Understands the principles of project management and uses basic tools (Gannt Charts, etc) to facilitate the process. Adheres to requirements of APDP
- Innovation - Seeks and implements new ideas and approaches to address current and future challenges.
- Ambiguity and Risk Management - Can understand priorities in ambiguous situations and usually takes action in a thoughtful manner. Investigates problems and tries to look at issues from different angles to develop workable solutions though data may be incomplete. Typically makes a series of small decisions to clarify a course and adjusts plan over time through feedback cycles.
- Influencing without Authority - Understands that everyone has different styles and motivators and considers these when needing to influence them to an idea, project or work task. Easily adapts to different social and operational styles. Understands that managerial authority is only one part of what makes someone influential.
Working at Afton
Who We Are - We're a diverse, global family of individuals, who share a passion for developing innovative solutions. We build our professional relationships on respect, integrity and a commitment to safety and quality. Just as these values apply to our professional relationships, they also apply to the way feel about our neighbors and communities.
Our Work - At Afton, our innovative R&D programs lead to global growth. Our lubricant and fuel additives are among the most highly developed and widely used in the petroleum industry. Afton is a recognized and trusted supplier of driveline lubricant additives, engine oil additives, fuel additives and industrial lubricant additives.
Benefits / Compensation - We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages that reflect our commitment to our employees. Our employees are our most treasured asset and we have dedicated resources that allow us to reward our employees for their commitment on an ongoing basis - ensuring our compensation packages are competitive in the industry.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.