EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or other relevant field).
- 3 years in software administration
- Nice to have: Development in Microsoft Azure Platform, MVC, SQL, and Git
- 3 years in modern web applications and business applications programming on enterprise platforms and integrations
- 3 years in systems analysis
- 3 years coding, debugging, and troubleshooting with a solid understanding of complex relational database structures and data models
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 5+ years in software administration, systems analysis, coding, etc.
- Microsoft Certification
- Preferred experience with Abbott STARLIMS Laboratory Information Management System
- Crystal Reports within STARLIMS
- Write queries, views, or stored procedures to extract data
- Create and automate or increase the efficiency of existing reports through data consolidation and data analysis
- Write queries, views or stored procedures to extract data from SQL Server
- Validate reports to insure accuracy and quality
- Generate metrics and develop actionable recommendations
- Support the generation of standard reports as well as ad hoc queries
- Assist in the planning and implementation of Crystal Report product updates, new Lab report releases and Lab report updates
- STARLIMS designer & Advanced setup for HTML5
- STARLIMS advanced analytic builder
- STARLIMS SDMS
For NewMarket or Afton employees, an appropriate combination of experiences that will support the required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority
- Business Insight - The understanding of the basis for our business model and how that is realized in the market. The understanding of how business and operations are intimately linked. The ability to utilize information, practices & trends, affecting the business to engage and drive new strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives, via engaging and rewarding interactions. Through this network provide support, exert influence. Influencing without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Demonstrates acceptable statistical applications to assigned area.
- Consistent demonstration of safe lab practices and procedures.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.