EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related field of study
- 3+ years of experience working in a Data Engineering role or building and maintaining data solutions
- 2+ years hands-on experience in a cloud data environment
- 2+ years experience utilizing Python for production-level data development
- Experience with data modeling and data design utilizing SDLC methodology
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Masters degree in computer science, software engineering or related field of study
- 5+ years in-depth experience utilizing Python for data processing
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in Azure, including Data Factory, SQL Data Warehouse, Synapse, and Data Lake Storage
- Microsoft Azure Certification (DP-900, DP-203, DP-200, DP-201 or similar)
- Experience with business analytics tools such as Tableau/Shiny/R
- Automotive, chemistry/chemical, or petroleum additive related academic background or work experience
For NewMarket or Afton employees, an appropriate combination of experiences that will support the required skill base may replace one or more of the specific experience requirements above.
- Decision Making - Decision making in a timely manner based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; sometimes with incomplete information, under tight deadlines and pressure; while based upon appropriate risk and authority
- Business Insight - The understanding of the basis for our business model and how that is realized in the market. The understanding of how business and operations are intimately linked. The ability to utilize information, practices & trends, affecting the business to engage and drive new strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Analysis and Problem Solving - Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and questions all likely sources for answers; can solve complex problems and recognize complex patterns; utilizing all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication - The ability to communicate information clearly and effectively in an engaging and convincing manner.
- Managing Performance - Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals.
- Collaboration and Networking - The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives, via engaging and rewarding interactions. Through this network provide support, exert influence. Influencing without authority.
- Project Management - The ability to manage tasks and activities and achieve their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries
- Innovation - The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakthrough solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and implement new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Uncertainty - Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.