- Knowledge and understanding of the inspection field and non-destructive testing methods in the chemical/manufacturing environment typically obtained after 5 or more years of experience in a related field.
- API Inspection Certifications (510, 570, 653)
- Ability to work productively in a cross functional team environment
- Influencing, negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively solve problems and resolve conflicts
- Organizational skills and is able to prioritize work, develop appropriate time lines and work to deadlines
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Able to travel as required, 5 - 10%
- Analysis and Problem Solving-Solves difficult problems with effective solutions; asks good questions and probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see underlying or hidden problems and patterns; utilizes all appropriate tools to reach a robust answer.
- Communication-The ability to communicate information clearly and succinctly and ultimately in an engaging and compelling manner.
- Coaching-The ability to provide the structure, environment and support for teaching, training and development of individuals and teams to enable them to achieve specific personal or professional results or goals.
- Performance Bias-Possessing the drive and focus to achieve challenging goals, moving from thought and problem solving into value creation.
- Collaboration and Networking-The ability to work in and across Afton's organizational matrix to achieve business objectives via engaging and rewarding interactions. Through this network, provide support and exert influence and drive. Influencing without authority.
- Project Management-The ability to manage tasks and activities and drive their completion within the agreed framework, across regional and organizational boundaries.
- Innovation-The openness to new ideas and the ability to generate breakout solutions. Can develop, seek out, critically assess and drive towards implementation new and value adding concepts.
- Dealing with Ambiguity-Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; is not upset when things are up in the air; does not have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty
- Responsible Care; EHS Management-Employ equipment, practices, and procedures which promote a healthy, safe, and secure work environment.
- Process Safety Management-Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 standard for Process Safety Management.
Afton Chemical Corporation develops and manufactures petroleum additives that help fuels burn cleaner and more efficiently, engines run smoother, and machines last longer.
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching contributions, pension, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.