Responsible for coordinating Fuel and Oil Blending for inside customers. You will use our tank level inventory system daily to check if material is available to make blends. You will be handling and working with chemicals, help with disposing of old material. Provide assistance to the Mechanical lab and be trained in many warehouse areas, must be able to multi-task.
· Manage relationship with inside customers and provide updates when inventory is not available to make blends or of any blending delays.
· Work with requesters to set priorities
· Use our inventory system (REDS) to locate components to make blends.
· Make blends from sizes 50 gallons to 300 gallons
· Use our REDS inventory system to print blend sheets and change inventory records
· Move 5-gallon containers from rack area.
· Move 55-gallon drums from storage area for sampling and able to maneuver a 55-gallon full drum that weighs 440 lbs
· Verifying that the printed container label and fluid container is correct.
· Inspect the warehouse forklift daily
· Check in carrier packages into Excel file with scanner and mark packages for delivery
· Fill Heptane bottles if needed.
· Order and Fill glove containers, switch out saturated pig-mats.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Demonstrates detailed knowledge of using a pallet jack, drum cart and able to handle a 55-gallon drum weighing 440 lbs.
Must be able to use scale and drum hoist
Must have strong organizational skills and be able to pay attention to details
Demonstrates a basic knowledge of transportation modes
Demonstrates computer literacy with regard to Afton’s routine applications
Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
Able to attend to detail and to organize and prioritize work and projects effectively
Able to cope with multiple interruptions and maintain focus
Able to work to deadlines and function effectively under pressure
Able to demonstrate a customer service oriented with regard to customer problems, concerns and changes, etc.
Able to work effectively and productively in a team structured environment
Able to independently make decisions regarding Fuel Blending and be able to work alone.
Demonstrates knowledge of REDS inventory system or the ability to learn the application quickly
Able to multitask.
Must be able to cross train in various warehouse areas.
Must be forklift certified or be able to take written test and pass forklift driving test.
Able to bend, stoop, and twist frequently.
Able to stand and walk for long periods on shift.
Able to lift 50lb multiple time per shift.
Working at Afton
Who We Are - We're a diverse, global family of individuals, who share a passion for developing innovative solutions. We build our professional relationships on respect, integrity and a commitment to safety and quality. Just as these values apply to our professional relationships, they also apply to the way feel about our neighbors and communities.
Our Work - At Afton, our innovative R&D programs lead to global growth. Our lubricant and fuel additives are among the most highly developed and widely used in the petroleum industry. Afton is a recognized and trusted supplier of driveline lubricant additives, engine oil additives, fuel additives and industrial lubricant additives.
Benefits / Compensation - We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages that reflect our commitment to our employees. Our employees are our most treasured asset and we have dedicated resources that allow us to reward our employees for their commitment on an ongoing basis - ensuring our compensation packages are competitive in the industry.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.