- Two-year degree/certificate or journeyman status
- 5-7 years relevant work experience in Maintenance
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- Demonstrates an in-depth working knowledge of process equipment operation and applications; electrical systems, schematics & drawings
- Thorough knowledge of field instrumentation (Emerson platform)
- Working knowledge of NFPA 70E; construction standards
- Demonstrates understanding of the budgeting process in a plant maintenance environment
- Demonstrates understanding of OSHA regulations and a basic knowledge of local and state regulations concerning plant operation and construction; labor laws
- Effective oral and written communication skills; presentation, facilitation, negotiation & conflict resolution skills
- Able to manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of employees
- Demonstrates computer literacy with regard to Afton’s routine applications (SAP, Microsoft Office, etc.) and is able to use appropriate software to solve engineering problems
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Responsible Care; EHS Management-Employ equipment, practices, and procedures which promote a healthy, safe, and secure work environment. Regulatory/Legal compliance.
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching contributions, pension, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.