An exciting opportunity has opened up in our friendly HR team for an experienced payroll administrator to join us for up to 15 months to cover maternity leave.
Reporting to the HR Manager, the individual will be accountable for the efficient and accurate payment and record management of the payrolls, taxes, and benefits, in line with statutory legislation and benefit scheme rules, for the EMEAI region.
Provide a full, proactive and flexible administration support service to the HR team ensuring that all administrative processes work smoothly and efficiently and are accurate and meet required deadlines.
Interviews will take place in the weeks 17th and 24th January in our Bracknell office.
• Administer the regional payrolls, including Expat payrolls on a monthly/bi-monthly/quarterly basis via third party providers. Ensure sufficient knowledge of tax and legal requirements associated with running payrolls, to be able to make informed decisions, provide guidance and challenge as appropriate.
• Liaise with Deloitte for Short Term Business Visitor compliance.
• Administer all tax year end requirements, ensuring accurate records and payments in accordance with statutory deadlines for the relevant countries.
• Process monthly and annual updates to benefit providers, ensuring data provided is accurate, complete and complies with auditing and legal requirements.
• Act as the first point of contact for payroll and benefit related audits. Escalate areas raised as concerns to a more senior member of HR and make recommendations to continually improve processes and resolve any issues identified.
• Manage routine day-to-day third-party relationships with external payroll and benefit providers, ensuring they continue to meet required standards. Escalate to senior member of HR team if SLA’s are not being met.
• Support payroll, benefit and general HR related projects as required.
• Update the HR database and regularly audit to ensure all electronic and hard copy data within the region are accurate, readily available and stored in line with local data protection rules and company polices.
• Maintain SharePoint site with the support of external provider.
• Set up new vendors on Finance system.
• Provide administrative support to the UK HR team including, but not limited to compliance related matters, recruitment, training, talent management, expats, and routine queries.
• Responsible for administering the on boarding and leavers processes for main countries.
• Ensure all activities performed are compliant with ISO 9001, Sarbanes Oxley and all applicable legislation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
• Experienced payroll administrator for a multi-national company.
• Strong systems knowledge/ability to adapt to new systems.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
• Working knowledge of payrolls, taxes and benefits in one or more of Afton’s EMEAI countries*
• Experience of working in an HR administration role.
• Experience of SharePoint Administration.
• Experience of working with external payroll bureau’s, e.g., Celergo/ADP
• Well organised, with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
• Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
• Strong Excel and computer skills, with the ability to interrogate and analyse electronic data systems
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and support projects as required
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of payroll and employment taxes in multiple countries
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of benefit plans in multiple-countries
• Demonstrate effective communication and influencing skills
• Team player, who is approachable and flexible
* UK, Germany, India, Russia, Dubai, South Africa.