Afton Chemical Corporation is part of the NewMarket Corporation (NYSE: NEU) family of companies, and is one of the largest global suppliers of lubricant additives and offers a broad line of fuel additives worldwide.
Undertake development projects to improve fundamental understanding and performance impacts of Engine Oil formulation variables.
1. Develop fundamental understanding of Engine Oil technologies using new or existing components, base oils, etc., in line with identified technical and business needs. Responsibility for all technical aspects of the development process including setting up of test matrices using statistical design of experiments, test development, test scheduling and the interpretation and reporting of resulting data.
2. Use appropriate methodology to improve the performance, durability and functionality of Engine Oil additive technologies in line with identified technical and business needs.
3. Maintain accurate, up-to-date lab notebooks in accordance with established company policy. Maintain objectivity and accuracy in reporting and recording data.
4. Technical project management in line with Afton Product Development Process. May coordinate several workstreams in parallel.
5. Where necessary, represent the company in technical societies and other industry activities. Maintain adequate level of technical expertise and self-development through study, seminars, etc. Keep informed of advanced developments inside and outside the company. Represent Afton at customer and OEM interfaces as required.
6. May direct the work of technicians and other chemists assigned to projects.
7. Complete special assignments and participate in project teams as required for business needs and for your personal development.
8. Take personal responsibility for a safe working environment in the office and laboratory. Know, understand and consistently adhere to established safety policy and procedures. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of changes or additions to safety procedures and assist in safety training activities as required.
9. Interact and maintain technical relationship with 3rd party suppliers.
10. Work with Legal team to ensure effective protection and generation of IP for Afton.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Working at Afton
Who We Are - We're a diverse, global family of individuals, who share a passion for developing innovative solutions. We build our professional relationships on respect, integrity and a commitment to safety and quality. Just as these values apply to our professional relationships, they also apply to the way feel about our neighbors and communities.
Our Work - At Afton, our innovative R&D programs lead to global growth. Our lubricant and fuel additives are among the most highly developed and widely used in the petroleum industry. Afton is a recognized and trusted supplier of driveline lubricant additives, engine oil additives, fuel additives and industrial lubricant additives.
Benefits / Compensation - We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages that reflect our commitment to our employees. Our employees are our most treasured asset and we have dedicated resources that allow us to reward our employees for their commitment on an ongoing basis - ensuring our compensation packages are competitive in the industry.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.