Price administration, Processes and Controls
- Support Pricing Manager with the Implementation of best practices in price formula development and a “suite” of acceptable index mechanisms
Commercial Support and Margin Management
- Be the regional focal point for margin analysis for quotations, tenders and price reviews.
- Provide valuable business insights, beyond costing and margin data, to facilitate price setting/reviews.
- Implement and support the quotation process in Asia Pacific.
- Pricing proposals buildup.
- Be the focal point to provide accurate product and logistic costs for pricing decisions, by working closely with regional stakeholders from marketing, sales and supply chain.
- Ensure that pricing proposals are approved based on delegation of approval matrix and properly documented.
- Analysis of quotations and support the forecast of sales volume, revenue and profitability.
- Maintenance of costing databases.
- Support implementation and administration of pricing models.
- Be a key member of the regional FTA council and ensure value optimization in our pricing to customers for FTA qualified products.
- Logistics leakages management and pricing optimization
Systems Implementation and Improvements
- Support the Pricing Manager in the implementation of next phase of pricing system analytics
- Identify weaknesses in controls and provide ongoing improvements to the pricing process
- Support the Pricing Manager in advocating Value Based Pricing
- Understand the product and customer segmentation strategies for each BU and work with Marketing Managers to identify and measure value points for each product/customer segment.
- Monitor pricing and coach product marketers to ensure that all three elements of pricing (market competition, customer derived value, product cost) are factored into SBU and product pricing
Management Planning, Reporting and Analysis
- Streamlining and improving data management to ensure effective and efficient analytics
- Prepare management information reports with insightful commentary and analysis on pricing and profitability.
- Support the businesses in the annual and long-range planning cycle.
- Thorough understanding of the drivers of profitability in the business and provide support in value management.
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding of the additive business environment and Afton’s business goals and objectives to ensure effective interaction with and support to all levels of management.