- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Economics, Math, Chemistry or related field
- Demonstrated strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills typically acquired through 5 or more years of relevant or related experience
- Procurement or directly relevant sales experience
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- Advanced degree (Masters or MBA)
- Work experience in the petroleum additive, lubricant or chemical industry
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification (e.g. CIPS)
- High personal credibility and ethics
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of market economics, cost drivers, value chains etc. (ideally within the chemical industry)
- Able to manage conflicting and rapidly changing priorities to prioritize effectively and deliver to deadlines
- Effective negotiation facilitation and conflict management skills
- Self-starter with strong business acumen and the ability to link business goals and market trends to make sound procurement decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to lead through influence and build consensus.
- Strong strategic analytical approach to procurement with knowledge of strategic sourcing principles and practices.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of contract writing and management.
- Demonstrated computer literacy with regard to Afton's routine applications.
- Team-oriented leadership dedicated to continuous improvement, maximizing productivity and effectiveness in the organization, and promoting best practices.
- Effective listening skills.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Responsible Care; EHS Management-Employ equipment, practices, and procedures which promote a healthy, safe, and secure work environment. Regulatory/Legal compliance.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.