Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Support the specified accounts by providing technical information, training and market insights.
- Consult with Marketing to influence, understand and implement the ATF Marketing Plan.
- Support Sales in developing effective working relationships with distributors and customers to implement the Marketing Plan.
- Communicate and work effectively across the Afton matrix on a global basis, including, but not limited to Marketing, R&D and Sales.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with industry influencers which can help advance Afton’s additive business, including OEMs, relevant industry associations, etc.
- When appropriate to the Marketing Plan, participate in industry meetings or conferences to present Afton’s technical and marketing positions, with intent to advance Afton’s fill additive business.
Application and Marketing Understanding
- Demonstrate active and current understanding of global and local automatic transmission fluid trends, OEM requirements, ongoing Afton product developments, and Afton’s commercial products.
- Understand the aftermarket and first fill fluid supply chains for both additive and base oil, and competitor’s and/or oil company activities that threaten existing supply positions.
- Gain understanding of local drivers for aftermarket and first fill fluid optimization and provide recommendations to Marketing and R&D on technologies that could motivate local customers and OEMs to consider first fill fluid change.
- Understand the validation processes that could be employed by an OEM or customer to justify introduction of a first fill or aftermarket fluid.
Product Development and Project Management
- Understand and apply Afton’s Product Development Process (APDP) and ensure all technical projects are managed on time and on budget.
- Provide direction to Afton laboratory technicians, including go/no-go decisions, priorities, and product related guidance, on matters related to test requests.
- Where assigned - Plan, design, and execute product development programs, and manage the programs to be on-time and within budget.
- This includes managing administrative details associated with the product development process.
- Support marketing colleagues to effectively identify the key technical differentiations of our products vs. competitive products, develop the data summary for the proof of performance and prepare the relevant presentations linking the technical features to commercial benefits.
- Ensure all customer quality concerns are managed via the Resolv system using effective problem solving techniques.
- Ensure full compliance with Afton Safety standards and identify opportunities for improvement.