- Post-secondary education and/or a technical trade degree preferred.
- Have at least 5-10 years’ experience in maintenance planning & scheduling.
- Ability to build and use maintenance library for repairs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and drawings.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task
- Ability to write detailed repair reports as well as good verbal communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Software & SAP.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Energetic - Ability to work at a sustained pace and produce quality work.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Self-Confident - The trait of being comfortable in making decisions for oneself.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Negotiation Skills - Ability to reach outcomes that gain the support and acceptance of all parties.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Responsible Care; EHS Management-Employ equipment, practices, and procedures which promote a healthy, safe, and secure work environment. Regulatory/Legal compliance.
- Process Safety Management-Working knowledge of OSHA 1910 standard for Process Safety Management.
- Emergency Response-Includes both internal and external response to plant.
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions, pension, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.