EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE MINIMUMS:
- BS degree in Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Safety Engineering or related field
- 10+ years work experience–Chemical, Petrochemical, Pharmaceutical, Refining, Pulp & Paper or related manufacturing environment
- 5+ years EHS Management experience
- EHS related systems, data analysis, metrics
- Exposure to Process Safety Management
- Exposure to Industrial Hygiene
- Union experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- CSP, PE, PHA Team Leader, formal EHS training
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work productively in a cross functional team environment
- Influencing, negotiating and diplomacy skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem solving and conflict resolution
- Work wells independently and also in a team environment
- Leads, motivates, and positively influences others
- Takes initiative and continuous learner
- Strategic – Analyzes trends, identifies risks, crafts strategy to address gaps, drive performance
- Attention to Detail – Performs work accurately and thoroughly.
- Collaborative–Seeks input, peer review, and leverages key stakeholder perspectives
- Communication, Oral – Effective in meetings, presentations, discussions, and 1:1.
- Communication, Written – Documents are clear, concise, free of errors, typos.
- Risk Identification/Risk Mitigation – Adept at assessing risk, evaluating adequacy of controls, and advocating for additional measures or changes as needed.
- Leadership – Rises to the challenge, flexing to the needs of the group or team, proves vision, plans in a convincing and motivating way. Escalates conditions, gaps, issues or other site needs.
- Organization – Places importance on organizing information, files, workflows, follows a systematic method of performing a task.
- Accountable- Willingly accepts, works and holds self and others accountable.
- Time Management – Multi-tasks and uses time to complete tasks and meet deadlines
Afton Chemical supports global operations through its corporate headquarters in Richmond, Virginia, and operates globally through local offices, research facilities and manufacturing plants strategically located throughout the world.
We offer competitive pay, excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K matching contributions, pension, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and a casual working environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to the individual’s race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status as a military veteran or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.