Based in Bracknell in Berkshire, Afton Chemical develops, manufactures, blends, and delivers leading-edge additive technology for fuels and lubricants for Oil Companies and vehicle and equipment manufacturers around the world. Our additives help fuels burn cleaner, engines run smoother and machines last longer across traditional and electrified industries.
We have a rare opportunity for a Dispatch Technician to join our dedicated and friendly Blending Operations and Sample Dispatch Team (BOaST).
A competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package are on offer, including a final salary pension scheme, private medical insurance, share plan, onsite restaurant and 25 days starting holiday.
Interviews will take place throughout August.
The primary focus of the role is to:
• dispatch chemical samples to customers and testing institutes worldwide, adhering to stringent packaging, and labelling regulations
• liaise with freight forwarders to ensure all necessary customs procedures and paperwork are complete, so that samples reach their destination safely and by the required deadlines
• receive and log goods-in, including chemicals and general site inventory.
As you become more proficient in the role, your responsibilities will broaden to support/cover for the wider BOaST team, with duties including:
• preparing R&D blends and customer samples
• warehouse management and lab stewardship
• maintaining inventory and warehouse supplies in accordance with 5S.
The preferred candidate will be an enthusiastic team player with a can-do attitude and experience in a similar role. They will possess a good understanding of different transport shipping rules and have a valid Dangerous Goods qualification in Road, Sea, or Air. Knowledge of customs procedures is vital as are good IT skills and a real attention to detail. A valid forklift licence is preferred, (Reach and/or counterbalance), although training will be provided.