Afton Chemical is looking for a detail-oriented Tax professional to join our growing team in Mumbai. The role will be responsible for communicating with internal and external stakeholders about taxation matters and assist with tax preparation and filing.
1. Prepare the monthly working for GST ie GSTR-1 and GSTR-3B and co-ordinate with external agencies to ensure that the returns are filed in a timely manner. Ensure that einvoicing compliances are met and liaise with the internal and external team for any issues.
2. Ensuring smooth completion of GST audit with the authorities.
3. Prepare the quarterly forecast for advance tax payments for both statutory and group purposes. Co-ordinate with consultants to file the yearly direct tax and transfer pricing returns. Co-ordinate with the central and regional tax teams for regular reviews and feedback before yearly returns are filed.
4. Assist consultants in tax litigation by providing the relevant data and responding to their queries.
5. Prepare reconciliations to ensure that tax records match with Companies GAAP.
6. Prepare tax audit report for audit by the statutory auditors.
7. Ensure adherence to SOX controls and review the internal process for any updates/ improvements. Support the team in timely closing of books of accounts, based on the group timelines for India.
8. Provide support to the Accounting Manager during implementation of new projects/testing pertaining to tax domain.